Thank you to everyone who has shown an interest in the Yacht Clubs of Weymouth Dinghy regatta.
The response to entries being open was huge and we sold out in less than a week. We always knew that this year would be busy. If you were not lucky enough to get an entry and would like to go on the waiting list then please email Richard.Bowers@Live.com with the subject of Regatta Waiting List.
It’s been a long time coming (and it will be a bit different this year) but I am pleased to confirm that the Yacht Clubs of Weymouth Dinghy Regatta is going to proceed.
The organising committee are working hard to make sure we can run a covid safe regatta and still produce some great racing. To that end we plan to split the competitors between two venues. Castle Cove Sailing club will host the Scorpions and Phantoms ( and possibly the Ospreys depending on numbers of each fleet).
Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy will host the Cherubs, International Canoes and Fireballs.
We have also reduced our usual number of competitors so please understand if we cannot accomodate you this year. With luck we will be back, bigger than ever next year.
Please log your interest by emailing Richard.Bowers@Live.com and use the subject Dinghy Regatta.